Monday, September 14, 2009

I'm back

So, I got back from Phoenix on Sunday afternoon (thank you Iva and Kevin!). Since we left the house at 7:50 a.m. (or 8:15, Ange!) I did my long run on Saturday and did 6 mi. The smog there along with the heat is very hard...I feel like I'm getting over a cold my chest is so clogged up. It was interesting to run through the neighborhood...lots of dead-ends to run down and back...allowed me to run 6 miles s/ crossing the major streets.

Dog: Was kinda chased by a big ole yeller dog on Saturday! I surprised myself by stopping and running AT it. Worked, little mutt ran back to his craphole of an owner who didn't keep him on a leash...he kept coming and I kept having to stop...screwed up my timing. Sheesh... Any thoughts on discouraging dog chases?

Bruise: I think I bruised (not the black and blue sort) the arch of my foot...it really aches...so I didn't do my workout today in hopes that it would heel (ha.ha. a pun for you Iva). I'm increasing my short run tomorrow to 4 miles.

Spo and Someone: Went over their home on Saturday...Beee-yuut-iful! Someone picked me up in their sporty BLACK car... very sexy...and we had a delightful luncheon of salmon and homemade cheesy potatoes! Swam in the delightfully refreshing pool and sat in the hot tub (I know! but my foot hurt) and then back in the pool...It was great time with two great guys, er, people, er, pals, er, humans... :-)

Thanks for all the support of my friends and relatives during this trying time. Especially: Joe Nash and Aunt Mer.

Here's a treat for you (treat not healthfood):
The Lillian Blanche Krodel Laudone Memorial Cookie
Mix:
  • 1 c sugar

  • 1 c light corn syrup (Its a grandma treat, what did you expect?)

  • in a sauce pan and gently bring to a boil (be careful not to burn).
    Take off the heat and add:

  • 1 c peanut butter (Gram only used smooth but I don't think chunky would be a prob)

  • 2 T vanilla
    Mix until peanut butter is all smoothed out and melty. Pour over
  • 5 c Special K (here's to your health!)

  • and mix until cereal is coated. Spoon out onto sheets of wax paper to cool by the tablespoonful.
    Caution: Eating before the cookie cools can result in a really painful burn in your mouth...not that I'd know first hand or anything.

    Cheers kids!

    1 comment: